A delicious and quick to make kind of snack topped with chickpeas, spinach, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, chillies, a drizzle of olive oil and oregano. Heaven!
I realized the other day that I haven’t posted a snack recipe here in a while. And it’s not because I don’t eat healthy snacks that often (which would be a big lie), but it’s mostly because I personally believe that it’s not enough for a quick and easy snack to make such a representation on the blog.
I usually post pictures with my weekly meals (also including all sorts of healthy snack recipes) on my Instagram account. However, as this snack did quite an impression, I decided to share it with you all.
Who knows?! It may come in handy on those lazy Sundays when you want to only enjoy your favorite book, binge-watching series on Netflix or just some old good friends.
So what’s the big deal? I know it’s not a real pizza, but for us it’s another fun and crispy way of eating fresh veggies in a big lazy style and makes up for a heathy treat.
And to make it you only need to buy a few huge tortillas. Start by drizzling with olive oil and add spinach, canned chickpeas, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, chillies and oregano. Spread it out on a backing sheet and pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
Before I go on with this quick recipe, I’d quickly like to mention that I don’t eat flour tortilla on a regular basis. I personally prefer corn tortilla as they provide fiber, calcium, potassium, iron and B vitamins, but I couldn’t find them at the grocery store in this size.
- 2 flour tortilla
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 250 g feta cheese, cut in big chunks
- 6 small size chili peppers, finely chopped
- a handful of spinach, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (~480°F) and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Add the tortillas and drizzle with olive oil.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the chickpeas, wash all the veggies very well and chop them coarsely.
- Put a tortilla flour in the tray and brush it with olive oil. Add all the ingredients and drizzle with extra olive oil and oregano. Reduce the heat to 180 degrees C and bake it for about 15 minutes or until slightly golden. And boom, it’s done!