This homemade guacamole served with lentils & beans salad looks festive, right? And it’s delicious, creamy and light – right on time for a busy weeknight.
This particular guacamole recipe has been my fast-to-grab snack over the past couple of days. Basically, I went and topped some whole-grain crackers with guacamole and sliced hard boiled egg and I was good to go for some time. By the way, I strongly recommend you try this snack – deliciousness guaranteed.
Loaded with avocados, cucumber, garlic, green onion, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice and salt, it might be your favorite sauce, too. What I love most about this recipe is how compatible is with, literally, everything: salads, chips, crackers, chicken, dipping veggies, all your favorite healthy stuff.
Now imagine how this homemade guacamole sauce goes with a simple vegan salad made only of black beluga lentils, kidney beans, and chili pepper. Festive, healthy and so darn tasty!
Homemade guacamole with fresh lentils and beans salad makes a beautiful healthy plate for dinner! It’s a vegetarian/vegan, gluten-free meal (if you want) that everyone will enjoy. Make more of this guacamole as it goes very well with tortilla chips and prepared raw vegetables, like carrots and broccoli.
- For Guacamole:
- - 2 medium ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- - 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- - 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- - 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- -1 teaspoon salt
- -2 green onion, chopped
- - ¼ cup fresh cilantro, mostly leaves, chopped
- Black Lentils & Kidney Beans Salad:
- - 200 g cooked black beluga lentils
- - 200 g canned kidney beans (or cooked beans)
- - 2 chili peppers, chopped
- - 1 tbsp of olive oil
- - 1 tsp chili flakes
- - sea salt and pepper
- First off, cook the black beluga lentils according to the package instruction.
- Meanwhile, get ready the cherry tomatoes salad and guacamole. With a spoon, scoop the avocados flesh into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the cucumber, lime juice, garlic, green onions, cilantro and salt into the blender and blend them until creamy and smooth.
- When lentils are cooked, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a second saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the kidney beans and sauté until they get a bit more browned. Then reduce the heat to a lower level, add the lentils, chili peppers and chili flakes. Let them simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 more minutes. Season carefully with sea salt and pepper and squeeze a bit of lemon juice/lime juice.
- Serve them together in your favorite bowl. Bon appetite! :)
Did you make this recipe? Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #cookitfit!
Be healthy and happy!
With love, Cris