Happy New Year, everyone! Wow, it’s a new Year … a new Resolution. A NEW SITE! Yeah! :) I really worked my tail off last year (December to be more precise) and this week to make it happen. And finally Cook it fit has got the new look I wanted and I couldn’t be happier. Oh gosh, I am done struggling with the CSS and so on – at least for a while. All I need to do now is to keep posting regularly.
I hope you guys really enjoyed the holidays and had an amazing time and took lots of funny pictures. Are the sweet cakes and cookies all gone? :) Then let’s get back on track together and start with a few recipes in order to detoxify and get back all the energy we’ll need for the new year.
Here I go, narrowing down a half of year’s worth of recipes into just a few ones. I should tell you that was hard work too, especially because every recipe I posted is special to me. But I guess all the bloggers have the same problem, right?!
So here are my 10 best recipes of 2014. Make sure you check out all of them (a few of them don’t require cooking – it gets even better) and let me know how do you feel in two weeks.
1. Summery Salad. I know that the name takes you to the lovely season summer, but you can have this salad any time of the year, too. Besides, it’s one of the quickest salad recipes ever because it requires NO COOKING time. How wonderful is that, right?! :) However, fresh salads are a nutritional powerhouse providing all the vitamin, minerals and healthy fats, especially if they are made with fresh veggies.
2. The Best Formula For A Yummy Green Smoothie. I don’t know about you, but I just love smoothies, especially the ones without any kind of sweeteners whatsoever. However, the prefect delicious green smoothie has a formula behind – 70/30.
3. FIT Deviled Eggs. Have you heard of deviled eggs, the hard-boiled eggs, shelled, cut in half, and filled with the hard-boiled egg’s yolk mixed with mayonnaise and mustard? Of course, you did. Well, these ones are different – I like to call them FIT – as they’ve got only eggs, avocado, mango and a bit of lemon.
4. Iron Booster Salad. Oh gosh, such a buttery texture from the mix of ingredients – black lentils, avocado and spinach. Seriously, this salad is really my favorite. Try it and see what I mean.
5. Salmon, Quinoa & Asparagus with Lime Thyme Sauce. My boyfriend and I love this recipe. Basically, we have it almost every week and most of the times we do it with quinoa because the combination is just fabulous and satisfying.
6. Roasted Pumpkin and Coconut Cream. I guess you have probably tried lots of pumpkin soups last year but this one is another recipe worth to try. I used the coconut milk for the velvety consistency and ginger for a very rich flavor. It’s definitely a keeper! By the way, did you know that the pumpkin is one of the food items recommended by dietitians in cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs?! Oh, I want some pumpkin right away. :)
7. Brussels Sprouts, White Beans and Almond Flakes. This salad is “one of the quickest meal to fix” that requires only 10 minutes (I am not kidding). Ok, ok, the secret to get them so damn crunchy and tasty is to steam the brussels sprouts for a few minutes before cooking. Et Voilà – your healthy bite ready in NOT TIME!
8. Roasted Pumpkin & Apple Smoothie. So delicious, so quick, so healthy – this pumpkin & apple pie smoothie is made from scratch without any refined sugar or artificial sweeteners. If you keep the formula 70/30 in mind, you will be packing in tons of nutrition.
9. Chickpeas, Spinach & Feta Cheese Snack. A delicious and quick to make kind of snack topped with chickpeas, spinach, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, chillies, a drizzle of olive oil and oregano. Heaven! And I bet it comes in handy today.
10. Three Reasons Why You Should Make This Crazy-healthy Burger. First off, as you can hopefully see from the picture, my hamburger doesn’t have any ketchup whatsoever. Secondly, I went and used only fresh veggies, one slice of gouda cheese, avocado and of course the leanest burger patties I could find. Ok, let’s make a deal. You read my article until the bottom of the page and I promise to convince you of its benefits.
There you have it! Ten FIT recipes that will get you quickly back in shape and keep you happy for a few days.