If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make noodle/spaghetti (you name it) and very fast recipe to add to your weekly recipes rotation, you gotta try this chili noodles with zucchini and parmesan in a garlic sun-dried tomatoes sauce. And it requires literally 15 minutes to get it done so you don’t have to waste the rest of the night in the kitchen (Btw, I hate doing that!).
I don’t know about you, but I just crave for noodles (blaming my weekly running activity for it most days!). 😉 And I love combining them with pretty much everything. You can imagine my joy last week when I visited Romania for a few days and my best friend Lucia cooked this delicious dish – homemade tagliatelle with zucchini noodles and parmesan in a garlic creamy sauce. So simple, so tasty that I had to make it.
I kept the recipe pretty similar to my friend’s tagliatelle version – zucchini, parmesan, and garlic but used sun-dried tomatoes instead the creamy sauce to keep the noodles on the lighter side. To make the zucchini noodles, all you need is a vegetable peeler or, ideally, a spiralizer.
As a quick note: since zucchini has a tendency to become watery (zucchinis are made up of 95% water), it’s important you don’t overcook it or will get soggy.
Bring a large pot of water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, drop in the noodles/spaghetti and cook until al dente, per package directions. I love the noodles on the firm side so I only cooked them for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place a large skillet on medium heat and pour in the oil. Add in the zucchini noodles and toss for 2-3 minutes or until al dente. Then, add in the chili noodles and chopped sun-dried tomatoes and season with your favorite herbs.
This recipe is perfect because is super filling, delicious, and HEALTHY. It’s also incredibly quick and easy to make too (literally under 15 minutes). No need to heat up either!
- - ½ package of chili noodles (I personally like to use the Thai ones)
- - 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- - 4 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- - grated parmesan, to serve
- - 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, drop in the noodles or spaghetti and cook until al dente, per package directions (between 5 and 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, place a medium skillet on medium heat and pour in the olive oil. Add the the zucchini noodles and toss for 2-3 minutes or until al dente. Then, add in the chili noodles and chopped sun-dried tomatoes and season with grated parmesan and your favorite herbs.
Get creative, use the ingredients you have at hand and stay healthy! Make sure you only "cook it fit".
Now go ahead, make your own noodle dish and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you too!
Stay healthy & be happy!