This easy peasy Berries Cacao Crumble seriously ticks all the boxes! Not only it’s delicious, healthy and super easy to make… but it’s perfect for breakfast, your well-deserved treat in the afternoon and the right boost before the workout. Amazing, right!? :)
Hi beautiful people! How was your week? Thank you so much for your positive thoughts, which by the way they seemed to work. Hopefully, I let you know about my favorite job offer pretty soon. Now, fingers crossed for the next week! :)
What are you doing when you’re feeling stressed? I for one go running or make some crumble. :)
Mmmmm, look at that – Cacao Crumble with raspberries, strawberries and a touch of coconut flakes. Yesterday was this crumble that made my day. :) I am so glad that no one was around to hear my foodgasm. :)))
So what’s so special about this crumble? Well, for one thing berries are packed with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and yet they are so delicious.
Next, this crumble gets also a soft touch from the coconut oil (you could also use extra-virgin olive oil). Then I pushed even more and add only rolled oats, cacao powder and a hand of coconut flakes for a change. It turned out to be absolutely the best idea EVER!
Now, this recipe has seriously only the best ingredients: rolled oats, berries, cacao powder, coconut oil, coconut flakes, raisins and almond milk. Voilà!
You can serve it for breakfast along with your favorite yoghurt and fresh berries, as your favorite pre-workout snack, a healthy cool dessert for parties or why not next to vanilla ice-cream. Just so you know, my crumble is flexible. :)
So without any further ado, meet my new Berries Cacao Crumble and also my favorite breakfast for the next few days. That’s right baby, I am sharing only the recipe with you. It’s that gooooood! :)
- Berries Filling:
- - 1 cup (250 g) fresh strawberries
- - 1 cup (250 g) fresh raspberries
- - a handful of raisins
- - 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Crumble Topping:
- - 600 g rolled oats (gluten free if you are allergic)
- - a pinch sea salt
- - 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- - 5 tsp cacao powder
- - 5 tsp coconut flakes
- - 5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- - 1 cup almond milk (use your favorite milk)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (~400°F). Then rinse the berries very well and place them in a baking dish. Toss with raisins and maple syrup or honey.
- Prepare the crumble in a separate bowl. Start by mixing the rolled oats, cacao powder, coconut flakes and salt. Then add maple syrup or honey and the coconut oil, melted. Use your hands to mix it and add your favorite milk until well combined.
- Pour the crumble filling evenly over the berries and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the crumble is firm and lightly browned.
- Serve it with
yoghurtfor breakfast or with a scoop of ice cream on top of you're feeling naughty.
I used coconut oil for its amazing taste, but you can replace it with butter or extra-virgin olive oil if you prefer. I also used fresh strawberries and raspberries bought from the local farmer's market, but you could also use frozen berries.
Did you make this recipe? Then please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #cookitfit!