It’s been a while since I posted a delicious salad. And I can’t even take full credit for coming up with the wacky idea of adding blueberries to an otherwise pretty standard arugula-cherry-mozzarella salad. It was Lindsay from love & olive oil that introduced me to the completely weird idea in one of her latest recipe. So thank you, Lindsay!
But you know what? A blueberry mozzarella arugula salad works (don’t get me wrong, only as a snack). It really works. It makes summer taste well and look better.
I used cherry tomatoes because I had them in the fridge, but you can use fresh tomatoes that are in season. Now, imagine that FRESH taste. Oh yum!
However, if you want to get this salad to a slightly sweeter level, I’d recommend you add a splash of honey and lemon juice instead of balsamic. Just so you know, I haven’t tried it this way yet.
Take home message: Super simple, recipe easy to follow (you could even prepare it with your eyes closed – DON’T TRY IT though), SO tasty prepared with only a few ingredients. Ah, and no cooking skills required and ready in maximum 5 minutes!
The perfect summer snack, right?! 🙂
- - 2 cups arugula (I used the baby arugula)
- - 12 cherry tomatoes,halved
- - 1 cup fresh blueberries
- - 6 ounces mozzarella balls, halved or cut into bite-sized pieces
- - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- - 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- - sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, and mozzarella balls in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Et Voila, ready to be served!
Did you make this recipe? Then please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #cookitfit!
Love this recipe? Share with your friends too.
Stay healthy & happy!