Hellooooooo new baby muffins. I bet you’re going to love these cheesy muffins too that feature raw cauliflower and spinach . So easy, so tasty, so different – just on time for your breakfast or afternoon snack or … Actually, why not have them any time you want, they are guilt-free!
Baking on the weekend has become a weekly ritual. After working on the computer all week, I enjoy to be on my feet in the kitchen on the days in between. Reaching for my camera while I turn on the oven and blend the cauliflower, trying hard not to make a big mess AGAIN. It’s a dance of sorts.
But then I wouldn’t fully appreciate “my creations” without cleaning the mess afterwards, right?! :)
Anyway, in another quest to diversify my healthy afternoon snack repertoire, yesterday I found a perfectly portioned kind of muffin that it is nutritious, light and so damn delicious.
And you can serve them for breakfast, as your pre-dinner snack, a cool appetizer for parties or why not your “bread basket” next to your lunch. Just so you know, the possibilities are endless.
Since they are high in fiber and protein, these muffins are very likely to stick with you until dinner time.
And by the way, If you find a way to keep a few for your healthy snack-before-dinner time, you have my RESPECT, really! :) I couldn’t!
Basically, I blended a medium sized head of cauliflower and transferred it to a bowl, then I added some shredded Gouda cheese, chopped fresh baby spinach, garlic and I beat 2 eggs with a fork a added to it. They also get a soft touch from the coconut oil (or olive oil if you prefer).
Should I also mention the mess I made???! Nahhhh :) But I have an idea. Why not invite some friends over while baking them and let them take care of the mess. Oh believe me, after such a healthy tasty TREAT, they can at least clean your kitchen. Make sure you don’t invite too many friends as you’ve got only 12 TASTY muffins. :)
So without further ado, meet my new all-time favorite snack recipe. It’s easy, tasty and healthy! Enjoy and let me know about your experience.
- - 1 head of medium cauliflower
- - ½ cup Gouda cheese, shredded
- - 1 cup of fresh baby spinach, chopped
- - 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- - 2 whole eggs and 1 white egg
- - 1 tbsp coconut (melted beforehand)
- - sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven. Wash the cauliflower very well and then transfer it to a food processor. Pulse a few times until smooth like kind of a coarse flour and transfer the mashed cauliflower into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl beat the two whole eggs plus the white egg with a fork until stiff. Then add it to the mashed cauliflower, along with Gouda cheese, coconut oil, spinach, garlic, salt, pepper and mix together.
- Then fill the muffin cups to the top with the cauliflower mixture and bake in for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. ( temperature: 180C or 360F)
- Remove from the muffin pan and set aside for a while to cool.
Just get creative, use the ingredients you have at hand and "cook it fit".
Love the recipe? Share with your friends, too.
Stay healthy & happy!