That feeling when the recipe turns out to be a success. Priceless! These flour-free coconut cookies filled with dark chocolate and peanut butter will brighten up the cold days ahead. As the days get colder and sadly, a little shorter, it’s time to start thinking of comfort food.
I’m so happy to share with you this simple and easy recipe! The main three ingredients are oats, coconut, and dark chocolate. What I love about these coconut cookies filled with dark chocolate is the fact that they set you up for your morning routine in no time flat along with a cup of coffee, tea or why not a cold glass of milk.
As a coffee lover, I had to try them this morning next to my first cup of coffee instead of my daily bowl of granola with Greek yogurt and fruits. They make your coffee taste even better so every cup is a true delight to your taste buds.
These vegan cookies are also the perfect healthy snack between 11 am and 5 pm and a healthy comforting bite. No sugar, no flour, nothing artificial really. You only have good old organic ingredients like rolled oats, coconut oil, and milk, dark chocolate, peanut butter and banana. This recipe requires no special baking skills, it’s that simple to follow.
Coconut cookies with dark chocolate are here to stay thanks to Emelie Forsberg’s book called “Finding strength, happiness and balance in your running”. Her cookie recipe has inspired me to go groceries, get creative and start baking. Thank you very much, Emelie for so much motivation for Running. Exploring. Cooking. Baking.
- 500 g rolled oats - the jumbo type that is thick and big
- 500 rolled oats - the fine, smoother ones
- 200 g coconut flakes
- 3 spoons of peanut butter
- 100 g of chopped dark chocolate, cut into big chunks
- 4 spoons of coconut oil
- 400 g of coconut milk
- 1 smashed banana
- 1½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 392ºF/200 °Celsius. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients and mix them very well.
- Divide the dough into 1½ tablespoon-sized ball and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown (could be that you need more time, please make sure to keep an eye on them) Cool them for a few mins minutes before you enjoy.
If you like sweet cookies, I recommend you add two or three bananas.
Also feel free to twist my recipe, get creative and use the ingredients you have at hand but always make sure you #cookitfit.
Love the recipe? Then share it with your friends, too.
Stay healthy & be happy!