Looking for a simple, budget and light salad that ticks all the boxes? Healthy. Tasty. Filling. My tasty green pine nuts, apple & goat cheese salad with yogurt dressing is a light meal for late evenings. It’s fresh, filling and nutritious! And it doesn’t keep you awake at night. ;)
I’m excited to share this salad recipe with you. It’s honestly one of my favorite salads because it’s so easy to make, tastes delicious, and is packed with nutrients. It is a meal in itself, but you could round it out with grilled chicken.
Healthy, tasty, filling. Enjoy and let me know how you liked it in the comments. Your feedback keeps me going.
- 1 large romaine lettuce salad, chopped
- 1 red onion, small dice
- 1 apple, small dice
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 50 gr (2 ounces) goat cheese, baked
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- pinch of chili flakes
- pinch of dried oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- Drain and rinse the lettuce salad, apple, and onion. Then chop them into thin, bite-sized pieces and place them in a bowl. Add the pine nuts.
- Arrange on a baking sheet/paper the goat cheese. Sprinkle cheese with herbs (I used dry thyme), pour on a bit of honey and bake until golden, between 5 to 10 mins.
- Finally, prepare the dressing: whisk together oil, yogurt, lemon, chili flakes, and oregano. Add the dressing to the salad. And arrange the warm goat cheese on the greens. That's all! Enjoy
Please note that unfortunately, it doesn't store well for leftovers!!
If you want more light salads for late evenings, here is a list of some good ones from my recipe archive:
Brussels sprouts and Pomegranate Salad with Prawns
Creamy Avocado Spinach Salad with Yogurt Dressing
Spinach Salad with Quinoa & Chicken
3 Ingredient Salad
Rucola Salad with Roasted Grapes, Blue Cheese & Walnuts
Guacamole with Black Lentils & Kidney Beans
Stay healthy & be happy!