Only today I realized that Farfalle Pasta are even more delicious when cooked with chicken and avocado & basil pesto. Oh yeah, say NO MORE and get to that recipe! :)
Seriously now, just look at the color combinations of these farfalle – pink from red beets, green from spinach, dark brown from octopus ink, etc. Don’t you want to eat them NOW? Of course you can have them any time you want, but I will have mine only at lunch and before heading to the gym that day.
In case you are a newbie to the fitness thing, please make sure you don’t avoid the calories as the food you eat before you workout will maximize your efforts and results!
Exercise is just part of the equation. Balanced nutrition is also very important to achieve your goals. So go ahead and eat, exercise and repeat! :)
Before I forget why am I here today, let me tell you how delicious, simple and quick to make is this pasta recipe I’ve got for you.
What we have here is chicken all chopped up into little bites of splendor and spices, all nestled with the gorgeous farfalle “arcobaleno“ (rainbow in italian) pasta …. about 10 minutes to get it done.
But this recipe wouldn’t have been creamy and delicious enough without the silky avocado and basil pesto prepared only with a bit of ginger, garlic, onion and red chili flakes with a splash of lemon juice … about 2 minutes.
Besides, it’s also such a great recipe to have at hand for those days when you are not so in the mood to cook.
So this tasty Farfalle Pasta with Chicken and Avocado Pesto dish takes maximum 15 minutes to make. It’s perfect for a quick lunch, especially if you are heading to the gym that day or you are so in the mood for carbs. It happens to me too. :)
Let me know please if at least I inspired you in a way or another.
- - 200 gr Farfalle Arcobaleno (bow tie) Pasta
- - 2 chicken breasts (about a pound)
- - 1 avocado, chopped in small cubes
- - a handful of fresh basil (or oregano if you prefer)
- - 2 cloves garlic
- - 1 small onion, chopped
- - a little bit of ginger, peeled and chopped
- - ½ lemon juice
- - 1 tbs olive oil
- - 1 pinch of red chili flakes
- - a pinch of oregano
- - a pinch of marjoram
- - a pinch of cayenne pepper
- - sea salt and pepper
- Cook the farfalle pasta according to the package instructions (maximum 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken in small cubes and start spicing them up with sea salt, marjoram, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Then heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Let them simmer, stirring occasionally, for maximum 10 minutes.
- Get ready the pesto. In a food processor, add the avocado, onion, garlic, ginger, 1 pinch of red chili pepper, salt and pepper. Turn on the food processor and drizzle in juice of half of lemon. Process until the pesto reaches your desired consistency. If it’s too thick, you can thin it out a bit with a splash of olive oil. Season and adjust to your taste.
- After the farfalle pasta is cooked, drain it and serve it on the plate. Pour the chicken and the avocado and basil pesto over it. Go ahead and squeeze also a splash of lemon/lime juice for an extra twist.
Get creative, use the ingredients you have at hand but make sure you "cook it fit".