A 100% natural ice cream made of raspberries and strawberries but combined with Greek yoghurt and the wonder spice ginger to liven up the flavor.
Well, I am what I eat!!! If you want more details, then my diet consists mainly of fresh fruits and vegetables, all sorts of legumes like beans, lentils and so on, whole grains, nuts and seeds, fish and seafood, and high quality animal protein products (ie: eggs, cheese, yoghurt, chicken and a great juicy steak) once in a while.
Fruits, especially all types of berries, are an important source of antioxidants. I try to eat them every day along with my morning muesli, as fruit salads, or simply on their own. It’s well known that eating a diet rich in antioxidants can help improve our health, protect the skin and hair, and help prevent certain diseases.
However, this time I went and made myself this homemade gingery ice cream made of a few berries.
So if you also want to avoid gaining weight during this summer but still want something tasty and cold, then my ice cream recipe is all you need. Apart from that, to make homemade ice cream is yummy, tastier than many other deserts and refreshing.
- a handful of raspberries
- a handful of cranberries
- 2 apricots
- a couple of chunks of mango
- 300 ml Greek yoghurt
- a bit of ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- fresh mint, honey, cinnamon and nuts for the garnish
- Easy and quick, mix all the ingredients in a blender, until smooth.
- Then pour the mixture into a plastic container and leave it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Voilà! … the best ice-cream ever!