Hey friends! What a year it has been. A year full of adventures, many happy moments, and challenges. A truly active and happy chapter of my life. 2016 was the year of:
1) Running 4 marathons & 1 ultra marathon – with a PB 3’31″13″‘ at the 43rd edition of the Berlin Marathon on 25th September (This one was on my list of resolutions for 2016!) Fantastic accomplishment!
2) Doing planks every day (since end of April now). Doing plank exercises every day is a great way to strengthen your core. Here is my article on how to do a plank that it also includes an easy three-minute perfect plank workout you can try.
3) Spending more time in nature that made me happier and it boosted my immune system.
4) Taking up bouldering and since four days snowboarding. I’m loving them!
5) Devoting less time to Facebook and watching TV (not a big fan of TV, anyways) – which gave me a few extra hours a week for outdoor activities.
6) Being grateful and learning to appreciate life’s simple pleasures – for instance running barefoot in the grass this summer made me happier. Thank you for so much fun, Stefan!
7) Reading more books – I read several books this year (not 25 as planned, though) and I’m glad I did. The time I spent reading was enjoyable.
8) Spending more time with family and the loved ones.
9) Becoming more confident – feeling happier, more relaxed, and ready to take chances.
10) Learning a new skill. What have you always wanted to learn to do? For me it’s always been to Learn how to learn in order to simplify my life – another new skill under my belt.
I believe a New Year is like a blank notebook. You get to write anything you want in it. 2017 is now your turn.
2017 bring it on, I am excited!
Make 2017 your best year ever, too.