Hey friends! Today I have some interesting (fun too) running facts for you. 😉
1. It’s hard at first … some will tell you even “boring” but it gets easier (fun) with time. Just don’t give up after the first run and you will be on your way to be a rockstar too! That’s how I feel every single time I run a marathon. 😉
2. After a few tries (runs), 5k seems like a lot but one day, you’ll surprise yourself telling to a friend “I only ran 5k today.” Yeah, you already kind of love it!
3. For runner girls: cutting your toenails will take priority over plucking your eyebrows. Not to worry, this will only happen after a few months of intense running. By that time, you will get used to it too, and find it even “normal”.
4. In spite of your childhood hatred of “weird foods,” your pantry will be filled with running superfoods you’re not really sure how to pronounce, like quinoa, chia & flax seeds, and acai powder. Your friends will call you “The Healthiest”. 😉
5. The first thing you’ll most likely do too when you book a vacation is look for beautiful running routes in the area.
6. The friends you make through running will become like family.
7. Your laundry basket will smell nasty but the funny part is that you won’t really care (Oops, “notice” I meant to say). 😉
8. Running in the rain is so sexy. Well, honestly between YOU and me maybe for the first ten minutes, after that it becomes a wet, cold, and sometimes miserable affair. But we’d never let anyone else know that – we’re “real” trail runners after all and appearances mean everything. 😉
9. You’ll buy less and less high heels with a 100 Euros price tag, but totally declare it a bargain if that same tag is on your favorite running shoes. Believe it, girl! 😉
10. When friends take up running too, you feel so proud.
11. “Runger” is real, and I personally love it. I heard that only pregnant women can truly understand “us” (strange cravings at strange times).
12. While running with your friends, you will talk about food, politics, current events … pretty much everything but running. When out for a few drinks with that same group, when you’re “smelling-nice” (showered) and wearing “real-world” clothes (you have that too), all you will talk about, ever, is running.
13. It’s your mum not your dad who determines if you will be a good endurance runner. Approx 30% of your cardio fitness ability can be traced to genetic disposition but, not from dad, it comes from the egg, not the sperm!
14. Running is more effective than any diet. Trust me on this!
15. Anyone can do it. Yeah, YOU too!
Put on your running shoes, have some fun and go for a run, you might be surprised how far you can go.
Stay healthy & be happy!