Let’s sweeten things up, baby! :-)
If you are also a dark chocolate LOVER, you gotta try these pomegranates. I’m telling you, there is somethings special about dark chocolate covered pomegranates that is magical.
A SPECIAL recipe for my special readers! Thank you for your feedback over the year. It has been an honor and a privilege knowing that I have inspired some of you in a few ways – to show passion for cooking, to eat healthier, to start having breakfast, to even take up running … FANTASTIC!
What was I doing here in the first place? :)) Oh yeah, you basically need two ingredients to make this recipe – pomegranate seeds and dark chocolate. AND, of course an ice cube tray or candy molds.
But let me better show you how easy these pomegranate dark chocolates are to make.
For 21 pomegranates I melted 200 grams of chocolate with 81% cocoa content in the microwave. You could also place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over pan of simmering water until melted. Stir well.
Meanwhile, de-seed half of a pomegranate.
- - 200 gr dark chocolate (81% cacao content)
- - ½ (half) medium pomegranate
- For 21 pomegranates I melted 200 grams of chocolate with 81% cocoa content in the microwave. You could also place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over pan of simmering water until melted. Stir well.
- Meanwhile, de-seed half of a pomegranate.
- Fill each mold with chocolate to the halfway point. Then place 1 teaspoon of pomegranate seeds per slot. Finally, cover the seeds completely in more chocolate.
- Freeze to set the dark chocolate covered pomegranate candies, typically 1 hour.
P.S. If you tried it, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!
Et Voilà, what a FUN treat to put out on holiday tables. Ah, before I forget, I should also mention that if you don’t like dark chocolate, feel free to use your favourite one. Just do it and let me know how much you loved it! :-)
Happy New Year! I wish you health and all the best in 2016!