This Raw Cacao Nib Coconut Bites recipe is in my top 5 favorite desserts as it’s so unbelievably delicious, easy and fast to make. Just about 3 minutes of your time. BOOM!
Oh my, it’s 6.30 am and I’ve already stuffed my face with a few of these cacao nibs coconut bites and kinda lost my appetite for breakfast. Just looking for some writing inspiration, that’s all. Good morning, by the way. 🙂
Still can’t believe that I’ve become pretty obsessed with coconut and now I’m eating it with everything. I’m having a serious coconut love affair! :)) I use it in my müsli-from-scratch for breakfast and smoothies. So why not incorporating it into my special sweet treats, too?!
Do you remember my first experiment called Mini Chocolate Energy Balls that features raw cacao powder and cashew? I was telling you back then that I had to slightly adapt Scott Jurek’s recipe (the famous American ultra-marathoner) as I couldn’t find cacao nibs in the natural food store. Those treats were a lifesaver for me because they have helped me to improve my speed-endurance – I mean the pace at which I can cover substantial distances. To give you an example, last week I ran 15 km in 1h:11mins. It’s my new record.
However, I bought cacao nibs the other day, try them again and it turned out a million times better than I could have ever expected. They are seriously more incredible than anything, so I HAD to share them with everybody. Even with my neighbors … and those guys that interviewed me two days ago… And guess what?! They all said: “Can I take another one?” :))))
The coconut just adds the most incredible flavor to the cacao nibs, making each bite so darn delicious. I’d say that the flavors complement each other so perfectly, that both flavors remain subtle, yet still present and sweetish with a slightly buttery texture thanks to the addition of cashew.
They literally melt in your mouth!
Seriously, there are so many different possibilities with these little bites. For example, you could dress them up by rolling them in a variety of different toppings – crushed walnuts, crushed cashew, cacao powder, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and so much more – I for one will try them all.
Make them this weekend and keep them in the fridge for a few days, just so you always have a delicious healthy treat when in need!
- - 1 cup cacao nibs
- - 1 cup raw crushed cashew
- - 10 medium dates
- - 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut (the ones without sugar)
- - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- - ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- - a pinch of sea salt
- - 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (warmed to liquid consistency)
- Combine all the ingredients except the coconut oil and coconut flakes in a food processor and process for a few minutes until chopped to a fine texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and stir until well combined.
- Form into 1-inch round balls and roll them in shredded coconut to slightly cover the entire bite and amp up the cacao nibs flavor. Then place them on waxed paper ideally (baking paper will do just fine too) and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes, then transfer them to an airtight container.
Recipe slightly adapted from Scott Jurek.
Did you make this recipe? Then please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #cookitfit!
Have you tried this recipe before? If not, what’s your favorite combo?
Be healthy and happy!
With love, Cris