You’re right, this is not a Feta & Cauliflower Frittata, however, it’s going to be much quicker, healthy and so damn delicious … Ladies and gentlemen, this roasted cauliflower will show you the other side of the coin when you combine it with feta cheese, coconut milk and red bell pepper.
Although lately I’ve been cooking this recipe pretty often (especially when I’m busy), I realized only recently that I haven’t shared with you yet.
You might wonder why?… what’s so special about this one? Well, if you are not a big fan of cauliflower, let me turn you into one by the end of this article.
You may now imagine that feta cheese is the secret ingredient, right?! As much as I love feta, this time the star of the plate is the cauliflower itself.
My favorite way is to first steam the cauliflower for a few minutes and then roast it. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but there is something about this humble vegetable when it gets roasted. I started by cutting the florets of a large head of cauliflower into medium-sized pieces and steaming them. While the cauliflower was on the steamer, I made an easy-peasy topping out of feta cheese, coconut milk and a pinch of red Cayenne pepper. Just look at it … this mouth-watering golden color really makes you want to try it, right?! And it’s healthy! 🙂
I promise you this is going to be love at first sight and bite. Moreover, this recipe makes a great side dish for any lunch/night meal even for a no-way-in-hell-am-I-eating-cauliflower kind of person. If you are a vegetarian, you can simply enjoy it on its own or with a rocket (ruccola) salad. I prefer it with grilled chicken breast, especially after a tough workout.
As a note, when you steam it, just make sure the cauliflower keeps its crunchy texture. Let me know how it goes and if you are now a fan of it. 🙂
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 250 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 pinch of red cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- First off, preheat the oven to 250ºC (~450ºF). Then rinse out the cauliflower and cut it into medium-sized pieces. Bring ¾ to 1 inch of water to a boil in a medium saucepan and put an Asian bamboo steamer on top. Put the florets in the steamer, cover and let them steam for approximately 3 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is steamed, place it on a single layer on a medium baking tray and simply pour the topping (feta cheese and coconut milk) and the bell pepper bits over it. Roast for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- Serve it warm or at room temperature in a plate or bowl and garnish with fresh parsley.
Get creative, use the ingredients you have at hand but make sure you "cook it fit".