A delicious and quick to make warm tortilla filled with black beans, tuna and corn – cooked in a savory and spicy way. That’s your healthy snack in NO TIME FLAT – max. 5 minutes. Feeling lazy lately too! :)
Have you ever tried tacos with tortillas? I don’t eat flour tortilla on a regular basis. I personally prefer corn tortilla as they provide fiber, calcium, potassium, iron and B vitamins, but I couldn’t find them at the grocery store the other day.
Anyway, I only yesterday night realized that I haven’t posted a recipe here in a while when one of the guys – his name is Georg – from the body-pump class asked me if I also join the spinning class afterwards. WoooooooooooW! :) Imagine my surprise to hear that he knows about this blog too. I am so happy to inspire others! So THANK you guys for all the pictures (making my recipes), messages, comments left on all the social media channels.
Seriously, your messages keep me going!
Going back to today’s recipe, I should mention that you don’t need any cooking skills to prepare this delicious snack. It’s one of the easiest recipes to follow. You could also probably make this recipe with your eyes closed, it’s that easy! Please don’t try it, though! :) Besides, it’s also such a great recipe to have at hand for those days when you are SO not in the mood to cook.
You basically need only a few ingredients like tortilla (or your favorite type of bread), canned tuna, beans (use your favorite color. I personally love the black ones!), corn and green onion. I warned you about my lazy mood! :)
As I have made this recipe a few times now, I highly recommend you also give it a try as soon as possible. It’s delicious, light, nutritious and so fast to make. You couldn’t ask for more, right?!
- - 1 tuna canned tuna (the one packed in its own juice)
- - 1 can cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- - 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- - 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- - 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- - 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- - ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- - sea salt and pepper to taste
- - a splash of fresh lemon/lime
- First things first, put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the onion and the tuna for approximately 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to a lower level and add the beans, the corn,the green onions the red pepper flakes and let them simmer gently, stirring occasionally in for 3 more minutes. Season it carefully with sea salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Go ahead and squeeze also a splash of lemon/lime juice for an extra twist.
- To assemble the tacos, top each tortilla with a reasonable amount of the tuna, beans and corn sauce. And it’s ready to be served.
Did you make this recipe? :) Please let me know how it turned out for you too! Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram and tag photos you post of my recipe with he hashtag #cookitfit so I can see.
Did you like the recipe? Share with your friends too.
Stay healthy & happy!