This summery salad is one of the fastest recipes ever. It only takes 5 minutes to be prepared and requires no cooking whatsoever. Et Voilà – ready to be served in NO TIME!
I wrote this article 3 days ago when the weather was still messing up with our moods and minds here in Düsseldorf, Germany. Having still to deal with technical issues in terms of design, I had to postpone the launch of the blog for today.
The good news is that summer has arrived here too. Now, on with the article!
Fresh salads are a nutritional powerhouse providing all the vitamins, minerals and healthy fats, especially if they are made with fresh summery vegetables. Unfortunately, where I live, it’s not summer yet! I have been waiting way too long for mild and nice weather and, therefore, I decided to write this simple and quick salad recipe hoping to invoke summer in this part of the world too.
Before I forget, the only thing you need for this salad is a bowl or a plate, as you wish.
Where are you my most beloved season? I really need you to cheer me up and bring some blush in my cheeks. I promise I will enjoy every minute of you!
So I went today to the local farmer’s market to buy fresh veggies and to also support the local producers. Here is what I bought.
- a handful of baby spinach
- a handful of green lettuce
- a handful of fresh champignons
- 2 green onions
- 4 radish
- ½ avocado
- 1 big size carrot
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 big size red bell pepper
- sea sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse all the vegetables very well under the running cold water and chop them roughly.
- Place them all in a bowl/plate and drizzle the dressing over it.
Get creative and stay healthy!