“Eat less sugar if you want to live longer. The end” says Steve from Nerd Fitness
- doesn’t contain any vitamins or minerals (empty calories)
- causes deposition of fat in your liver
- harms your cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- causes insulin resistance
- is addictive, to mention a few.
So WHAT do we do? Let’s assume we all know already how bad sugar is, but we would still like to indulge in cookies, cakes and so on now and then.
You see, the problem isn’t that piece of cake you enjoy every Sunday. The problem is also not so much the sugar in itself. The real problem is the massive amounts, tons and tons of “added sugar” that can be found in pretty much everything we eat and drink nowadays – from cola, candy bars, ketchup, beer, yoghurt, ready-made sauces, tv-dinners, etc….