Tropical chicken whole wheat pasta with white asparagus and avocado – so simple, so tasty, so quick! And it’s one of my favorite before-workout meals. So yummy!
Out of all the fresh fruits at the grocery shops and markets, I think I use these two tropical fruits, avocado and mango, for cooking at least a couple of times a week. I simply love combining avocado with almost everything for both its creamy texture and various potential health benefits.
Apart from being an excellent source of fiber and vitamins, research suggests that there may be a number of other benefits associated with the fruits, including: lowering cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of diabetes, promoting lower body weight and helping prevent cancer.
The mono saturated fats in avocado are also beneficial for improving your skin tone and protecting it from wrinkles with its antioxidants carotenoids and vitamins E and C. They are vital for maintaing good moisture levels in the epidermal layer of your skin, which makes it look healthy.
I’ll tell you one more last thing about this amazing fruit: I also use it in my facial and hair masks. It’s a real blast for both skin and hair. When I first thought of giving it a try, I decided to use it for at least 6 months. The results were so visible, my hair felt soft and looked beautifully shiny. I’ve been using avocado, olive oil and castor oil on a regular basis (a couple of times a month) and I would not change it for any cosmetic mask I might find out there.
By the way, do you eat a couple of serving of whole grains per week? It is well known that people who consume three or more servings of whole grains each day have a significantly decreased risk of developing conditions that predispose them to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and cancer.
This recipe with pasta, chicken and avocado is one of the most delicious recipes and one of my favorites before the workout at the gym. And, once again, it takes only a couple of minutes to be done! Et voilà 🙂
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 bundle of fresh white asparagus
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- half of mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 big size onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- a handful of fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the asparagus in a saucepan for 5 minutes. Once the asparagus is done, take it out and use that water for pasta, which will give them extra flavor. Let the pasta cook according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a second saucepan and fry the garlic, onion and the chicken cubes for a couple of minutes until the chicken is golden. Reduce the heat to a lower level and add the mango, the ginger, the red pepper flakes and let them simmer gently for 10 more minutes. Season the sauce carefully with sea salt and pepper.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain it and serve it on the plate. Pour the chicken and sauce, add the avocado and asparagus cubes and drizzle it with fresh basil. E voilà, prêt à manger!