This fresh salad recipe featuring tuna, sliced mango and pecans comes together in no time! To turn this side dish into a complete meal, serve it with grilled salmon.
Yes, I went there – I took tuna salad and loaded it with a bunch of veggies and mango, drizzled with yogurt dressing and added a big handful of pecans and sunflower seeds. I usually try to outdo myself when it comes to salad, but I kept this one pretty simple. And my tuna salad recipe turned out fantastic.
I juiced it up with cherry tomatoes, red/green peppers, cucumbers and mango. Then I made the dressing with full fat plain Greek yoghurt, onion, hot pepper and a splash of olive oil. A handful of greens and a generous handful of sunflower seeds and pecans, poured a cup of tuna dressing with simple ingredients like salt, pepper and toss a splash of balsamic dressing. And Voilà! Now we can all eat tuna salad. ;)
If you feel like changing this salad up, I think creamy avocado would be a welcome addition.
This tuna mango salad recipe is a great and easy meal to throw together for lunch or dinner. If you don’t have mangoes, try substitute apples, pineapples or grapes. Still super delicious!
- Mango Salad
- 5 ounces (about 5 cups) spring greens salad blend
- ½ cup cucumber peeled, medium diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 whole mango cut into large bite size pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup pecans
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- Tuna Yoghurt Dressing
- 1 cup of plain fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red hot pepper (peperoni), finely chopped
- a splash of olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Make the dressing: In a cup or jar, whisk together plain yoghurt, tuna, onion, hot pepper and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Just before serving, chop the mango into thin, bite-sized pieces. Place your veggies in a large serving bowl. Top with sunflower seeds, mango and pecans. Drizzle the salad with a tiny splash of balsamic dressing dressing. Gently toss to mix all of the ingredients and serve!
STORAGE SUGGESTIONS: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 2 days.
I don’t know about you, but I will be eating this salad all year round. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did. Have a great week!
Stay healthy and be happy!